M.S.M. Institute of Ayurveda
- Last Updated: 14 May 2015
- M.S.M. Institute of Ayurveda was established for conceiving the idea of nurturing Indian System of Medicine in the state of Haryana; the way back in 1973. Since then the institute has projected itself as a glittering star among the gallery of different institutes of university by providing quality education and imparting sound ethical medical culture to the budding students. Now it is a constituent college of Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, Khanpur kalan, Sonipat, a state University and recognized under section 2(f) and 12(b) of the UGC Act 1956.
- Recognized by the governing body i.e. Central Council of Indian Medicine, Government of India, the college offers 41/2 years degree course of Ayurveda (Ayurvedacharya) with a B.A.M.S. degree. A rotatory essential internship of one year duration follows the depicted period of this degree to augment clinical skills of the students. During the internship period, students are given stipend of Rs. 4500 per month by the institute.
- Different subjects dedicated well equipped laboratories including cadaver dissection hall and modernized pathology laboratory are providing hands on classes for the students.
- An enriched library with over 10,000 Ayurveda classical books and modern books, is available with students friendly flexible time schedule.
- A self regulated well-equipped pharmacy unit to prepare various traditional and self formulated medicines for the hospital requirements.
- The pharmacy manufacturing is supported by sprawling herbarium garden where more than 200 species of herbs are grown.
- A 110 bedded hospital of the institute plays a pivotal role in imparting quality education to sharpen the clinical skills of upcoming doctors. The hospital is potent in dealing with different emergencies round the clock apart from having OPD and IPD facilities with multi-specialty approach. The efficacy of the hospital is also enhanced by using various modern diagnostic tools i.e. ‘X’-Ray, U.S.G. ECG and pathology laboratory. The hospital has maintained its reputation as a referral centre of specialized myriad Ayurveda treatment & various elective surgical procedures.
- A well-equipped computer lab & a separate seminar hall with a sitting capacity of 150 persons is an integral part of the institution.
- Highly motivated and dedicated teaching faculties have always been a tenacious part of the institution and ever ready to guide and elite the student’s future with their visionary thoughts and deeds.
- Professor (Dr.) Asha Kadyan.
Vice Chancellor, BPSMV, Khanpur kalan, Sonipat.
Contact no.-01263283111, 01263283013
- Professor Kavita Chakravarty ,
Registrar, BPSMV, Khanpur kalan, Sonipat
- Dr. Karan Vir Singh, Professor & Principal, M.S.M. Institute of Ayurveda
- Dr Mahesh Kumar Dadhich (HOD)
Dean, Faculty of Ayurveda