Department of Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Last Updated: 20 May 2018
The Department was established in 2009 with the nomenclature of Department of Hospitality and Hotel Administration (under the Faculty of Commerce & Management) with the prestigious Grant of Rs 2 Crore from the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. In 2015, the department becomes full-fledge department with the nomenclature of Department of Hotel Management. Presently, the department is offering 4 year Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) and 2 years Master in Hotel Management (MHM). The courses offer varied opportunities to young hospitality professionals aspiring for exciting and rewarding career in various high growth service industries such as Hotels, Aviation, Multi National fast food companies, Shipping and Cruise Lines, Air Catering and various other fields.
The curriculum is designed to teach, train and prepare human resources with scientific knowledge and professional prudence. It is designed to inculcate civilized concerns and moral and ethical values. The department strives at developing a unique model in Hospitality Management Education based on its strong identity and core values. Our teaching methods are focused upon developing skills, creativity and critical mind of each individual.
The teaching and training is provided through class room teaching with innovative teaching techniques like use of ppts, providing practical exposure to the students by conducting practical in all the core fields of the programme by the experienced and qualified faculty and 20 week industrial training in any five star hotel in the country, seminars, group discussions and study cum educational tour to make them successful Hospitality Professionals.
Presently 06 teachers are associated with the department having an excellent blend of industrial exposure and academic experience. The department is having its own computer lab which complements the classroom pedagogy and provides support to students for navigating through network and using email, web-surfing, etc. to enable them service better in the competitive world.
The alumni of the Department are working in reputed National as well as International properties in the Hospitality and other sectors also.
Vision Statement: “To be a leading educational institution by providing world class education in diverse emerging disciplines to produce conscientious and learned professional who significantly contribute to socio-economic development of the country.”
Our vision is:
- To provide value based high quality education to the students.
- To impart and train the students both theoretically and practically on the latest developments in their branches of study.
- To continuously upgrade the technical facilities and faculty on a par with the best institutions in the country.
- To make it one of the best institution in the field of Hospitality Education.
“To develop individuals with multifaceted personality who will shoulder responsibilities of the family, the Society and the Nation.”
Our mission is:
- To provide quality education at affordable charges.
- To ensure that all students pass their examination with the high grades.
- To inculcate in the students the sense of Duty, Discipline, Responsibility and Service to the country and Society.
- To Sustain and support their studies and talents liberally.