- Online Admission Application for Session 2019-20 (Coming Soon)........
UGC Area Study Centre
- Last Updated: 12 February 2015
UGC Area Study Centre- The Centre for Indic & Asian Studies
The University Grants Commission has awarded an 'Area Study Centre on Indic and Asian Studies' to BPSMV. BPSMV is the first and only university in Haryana to be given the prestigious Area Study Centre. And BPSMV will be the only university in India to research and study comparative Indic-Asian Studies, which are studied however in many western universities such as university of Vienna in Austria and the University of Massachusetts in USA. The Centre for Indic and Asian Studies of BPSMV will devote itself to issues related to Indo-Asian knowledge systems: sciences, technology, business, management, arts, architecture, ethics, philosophy, history, culture, societal values, customs and practices, polity and pluralism. It shall promote an understanding of contemporary India and its interface with the contemporary world. The Centre has plans to collect, digitize and upload texts/manuscripts/ articles. It plans storage of intellectual texts in multiple modes – micro-film copy, digital copy and hard copy. The Centre also proposes to
- develop a free download Website,
- plan and organize networking with institutions and websites that share the similar Realizing the need to create and sustain a collaborative framework between the university and society, CSUIR has been established by BPSMV. The Centre offers innovative courses in three areas viz. Integrated Energy Resource Management, Microfinance Practices and Folk Medicine, besides developing low cost innovative technologies for rural folk and adopting villages for their overall development. Centre for Society – University Interface and Research (CSUIR) goal
- invite collaboration from Indic scholars and institutions world-wide
- organize International Conferences. The Centre also has plans to prepare a Directory of Scholars of Indian Knowledge Systems
The Centre for Indic & Asian Studies has operationalized its dedicated website: www.sthaneshwaranidhi.ac.in. The site contains information on various themes pertaining to Indo-Asian culture and traditions.